Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A Letter to Isaac on His First Day of School

Dear Isaac,
           
            Today marks a new beginning for you. You’ve led such a unique life for the past 8 years and I hope you’ve enjoyed it. Your Dad and I treasure the time we’ve been able to spend with you. There are so many parents who don’t get the opportunity to spend so much time with their children, but God has blessed us abundantly. I love you so much. You are the smartest, funniest, most creative kid I know. Your brain is always working, processing new information and putting pieces together to make new creations. You are able to learn new information quickly and I know you will catch on to the new lessons in school. Remember to take deep breaths when you get frustrated. Your teachers are there to HELP you. They don’t know you yet, but they will love you and care for you. Let them support you and help you. Be friendly to everyone and you will make friends easily. You will face challenges and you need to know that God is listening to you pray no matter where you are. You can pray in your head and ask him to help you and he will. He helps me a lot! At the end of the day you will always come home to us. God gave you the five of us walk through life with you and we will be with you every step of the way. We are here to listen to you and provide support to you. We will always love you. My prayer for you is that you will allow God to help you use your talents to His Glory.  You are an amazing kid and I know God has great plans for you. I’m so lucky to be your mom so I get a front row seat to see all the great things you will do.

Love you always,

Mom

No comments: